We recruit talented and professional college-aged staff who have the skills, experience and maturity to be positive role models.
Our staff are passionate about working with girls and the important role camp can play in their lives.
Our team of camp directors work year-round to ensure top quality programming and
support for campers. We recruit talented and professional college-aged staff who are
passionate about working with young girls and have the skills, experience and maturity to
be positive role models. These camp staff come from around the world, are subject to
vigorous background checks, and participate in intensive, two-week trainings during our
pre-camp season. Regular evaluations and continual coaching ensure that all staff grow
in their professional development and job performance. Staff at Girl Scout Camp are
hard-working, fun-loving individuals who strive to make every girl feel “at home” at camp.
Learn More About Our Camp Staff:
Camp River Ranch
Jennifer "Smokey" Dickson
Camp River Ranch Director
I've been at Girl Scout Camp River Ranch for the last eight years and am amazed and inspired by the campers and staff. A lifelong Girl Scout, I'm committed to providing girls with quality outdoor experiences fostering leadership and independence.
Fun facts about Jenn:
- I enjoy fly-fishing in the cascade foothills and clamming on the pacific coast.
- I'm reconnecting with my sewing machine to create fun gifts.
- My most recent SCUBA adventure was at the Mnemba Atoll off the coast of Tanzania.
Kim "Cricket" Brunskill
Camp River Ranch Assistant Director
A lifelong outdoor enthusiast, I attribute much of my success as an adult to childhood summers at camp. My love for being outside led me to earn an M.S. in Environmental Education, spending two seasons as a professional sea kayak guide and traveling across the country and internationally. Originally from California, I love the Pacific Northwest and remain passionate about connecting today’s youth with the beauty and mystery of nature.
Fun facts about Kim:
- I'm an avid bird nerd that can ID birds by sight or sound.
- I'm actively seeking cricket figurines and doodads to add to my collection in honor of my camp name.
- I enjoy repurposing everyday items into functional art.
Kate "Rocko" Tegeler
Camp Robbinswold Director
(253) 798-5028 (August 27-June 14)
(360) 877-9246 (June 15-August 26)
I grew up in Girl Scouting and attended summer camps in Arizona from age ten and on. This will be my 11th summer directing a Girl Scout resident camp and my 5th summer here at Girl Scout Camp Robbinswold. What I love most about camp is seeing the girls push their limits; it can be overcoming sleeping in the dark, getting into a canoe or their fears of meeting others while at camp.
Fun facts about Rocko:
- Duthie Hill mountain bike park is the second most fun place to be outside of camp.
- My favorite camp song is Rags, it’s about a dog who wiggles and waggles.
- I thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine.
Camp St. Albans
Jessica "Toto" Carter
Camp St. Albans Director
(253) 798-5021 (August 16-June 14)
(360) 275-1040 (June 15-August 15)
I've worked and volunteered with the Girl Scouts for over eight years. Camp has been a huge part of my life and development of who I am today. I greatly enjoy being outdoors, singing camp songs and trying new things. My favorite thing about camp is watching the girls try something new and being themselves. Camp leaves a lasting impression and every girl should get the chance to discover, learn and grow.
Fun facts about Jessica:
- Giraffes are my favorite animal.
- I am a master at the electric slide.
- I have opera singing skills.